ABOUT ÁIRC MAYO
Áirc is a non-profit charity organisation which aims to provide various support to the families of children with disabilities in Mayo.
We cover ALL children with disabilities, from the very mild to the profound. Our help is accessible to any family in Mayo that has a child (aged 0-18yrs) with a disability (funding and resources permitting).
Formed in 2009, the Áirc committee and network of volunteers comprises mainly of the parents and families of children with disabilities, although this does not preclude anyone else from helping out - all help is greatly appreciated.
WHAT WE DO?
Áirc endeavours to provide different types of support and relief for the families of children with disabilities. We can provide help with respite, equipment, advocacy and networking, as well as offering support and advice for parents of newly-diagnosed children.
Áirc also organises information evenings and workshops for parents and children, as well as lots of fun events and days out for all the family to enjoy throughout the year, including;
- Monthly sensory-friendly Cinema screenings at Mayo Movie World in Castlebar (these screenings of the latest kids movies are free of charge for families registered with Áirc).
- Easter, Halloween and Christmas parties at various locations in Mayo, such as Breaffy House (Castlebar), Tumble Jungle (Ballina) and Wild West (Westport)
- Fun family days out at various locations such as Westport House and more.
The Áirc Mayo Committee, which is formed at our AGM every November, is currently as follows;
- Chairperson - Kathryn Connor
- Vice-Chair - Una Donnelly
- Treasurer - Majella Mulchrone
- Secretary - Mary Ann MacAuley
- PRO - Aine Lally
- Advocacy Officer - Linda Jennings
-Áirc committee members and partners at the 2017 Festive Feast: from back left to right: Majella Mulchrone, Neil Donnelly, Eamon Connor, Paul Jennings, Richard Daly, David Mulcrone, Front Left to Right: Una Donnelly, Kathryn Connor, Maryann McAuley and Linda Jennings.